[3830] SS CW WI9WI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 11 16:28:50 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 23+

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I started on 20 with a pretty good first hour. It was pretty much all downhill
after that. After going to 40 I could not get a good run going. I alternated
between trying to run and S&P the rest of the night with a few QSOs on the
second radio. By the time I quit at 0750Z I had only 376 QSOs and 72 mults, way
below my target of 500. I slept 4 hours and then got on 80 early in the AM. Day
2 was better than expected, I was able to run and made quite a few second radio
QSOs. By 1430Z I had 77 mults, lacking only NL, VY1/VE8 and ND. I picked up NL
in the early afternoon, and VY1 at 2255Z. I spent most of the last 3 hours
running and S&P on 40 and 80 hoping for ND but never found one. I did hear the
ND station earlier in the day running on 20, but propagation was not good to WI
and I gave up on it after 15 minutes or so. Never heard him again.
Interestingly, I worked 3 of my usual nemesis VE4. Thanks to everyone for all
the QSOs.

73

Jim