[3830] CQWW SSB FY5KE M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 15 08:46:29 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FY5KE
Operator(s): F1HAR, F6FGZ, F6FVY, FY5FY, F5HRY
Station: FY5KE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kourou

  160:  293    15       67
   80:  594    28       99
   40:  861    32      117
   20: 2167    38      146
   15: 2948    35      138
   10:  125    21       59

We thought that z9 was the place to be at the very low bottom of the solar
cycle. We can now say that it is not !

As probably all the other teams in this area, we had to suffer from very bad
conditions on the upper bands (which would start at 14 MHz ...), each QSO being
a struggle. For the first time, we did not run (or less than half an hour, and
if "run" is the appropriate terminology) on 10m. The top band was a good one
this year, let's remain positive !

No doubt that our major M/S competitors in NW africa will be far ahead.

First time we used our brand new K3's. Quite glad with them, eventhough
switching from good old "analog" tranceivers to state of art digital machines
may be disturbing, especially regarding the RX audio.

CU next year, hopefully with an upgraded antenna setup (yes we can ...).

On behalf of the FY5KE team,
Vy 73
Herve F5HRY