[3830] SS SSB K6YT(W0YK) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 16 21:50:49 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6YT
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

20, 40 and 80 worked well this weekend, but they behaved like high bands with
deep QSB.  A number of ongoing QSOs had to be abandoned.  Signals were weak and
I turned on the pre-amp even on 40 meters.  Skipped 15 on Saturday.  While some
signals were very weak, a number of QRPers were very strong.

Not sure what I did Sunday morning to slow myself down but from day break to
mid-day all the big guns local to me gained 100-150 QSOs relative to me.  I
tried 15 meters on Sunday, but never got much going.  It seemed like 20 was
always better rate.

The K3s really stand up to the heavy SS Phone QRM.  Ran 1500 Hz receive filters
all weekend.

Thanks for the QSOs.

Ed - W0YK