[3830] SS SSB NS3T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 05:59:04 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Another busy weekend at home just like for SS CW, and without trying I had
almost the same score.  241/68 in CW and 235/68 in SSB.

I had a tough time on 75 meters on Saturday night.  I couldn't get anything
going and people were having a hard time hearing me, so I went to bed before
midnight instead of staying up late.  Then I was able to run on Sunday morning
on 75 after sunrise, getting answers well into the midwest.  Go figure.

As usual, my contest was almost all on tape with my voice files and Writelog.
Had only one major hiccup, when I had issues with three missing serial numbers,
but that was easily fixed.  It worked really well as well always and kept things
quiet in the house.  Lots of guys running tape out there!

While the kids were napping and my chores were on hold, I settled down for an
hour on 40 meters on Sunday afternoon, held my frequency and averaged more than
a contact a minute.  Not bad for LP.

I even made contacts on something called 15 meters!

Send in your photos and stories to my web site http://www.radio-sport.net
You can reach me at ns3t (at) arrl (dot) net

73 Jamie NS3T