[3830] SS SSB N2IC(AA5B) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 15:35:00 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): AA5B
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM

What a privilege to operate N2IC's very fine station in southwest New Mexico!
Thanks, Steve.

Was sick the night before SS, 1 hr of sleep and lots of bathroom time (TMI?).
Called Steve on Saturday morning to tell him I couldn't make the trip, but he
said "Think how bad you'll feel if 2 o-clock rolls around, you're not sick
anymore, and you're not sitting in front of the radio. Come on down!" Nuff
said.

Had a slow start, but things picked up as I got used to the N1MM logger and my
gray matter slowly remembered how to run stuff on phone. Was happy to hear 15
meters open at all, but my decent numbers on that band are more a reflection of
my unwillingness to battle the crowds on 20. Seeing K7RL's and W7WA's comments
makes me realize I should've bitten the bullet and stayed on 20 more.

Great scores from lots of folks. Very sorry to hear that George/K5TR had to
hang it up after losing his voice. I know he loves this contest.

Oh, and this was the worst year ever for people not giving a complete exchange.
Ten times worse than last year. Some of you may not like the fact that you're
supposed to give your callsign somewhere in there, BUT IT'S THE RULE, DAMMIT!

It was fun being back in the trenches, but I need more practice ;-)

  73,
    Bruce AA5Banana