[3830] SS SSB K8BL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 16:30:13 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I was coming to think I wasn't going to get PR and ND.  PR was the most
difficult.....there were finally 3 of them on 20M late aftn on Sunday and they
all had massive pileups.  My 756P3 has a triple bandstacking VFO and I had
each PR's freq in them and kept switching and calling.  It was 15 minutes
until
I got one (KP3S)!!  I was so stressed I took half an hour off and ate leftover
pizza.

Ran across N0GF at the tip-top of 40M mid-Sunday evening and got him after
abt 10 calls.  Whew!!  That was #80.  With about an hour left, a ND
K0-something
called me during a run on low end of 80M he had a high number and I wondered
where he was hiding up until that point in the SS.  He didn't say.

Most interesting QSO.....  Finally hrd VY1EI with a decent signal mid-aftn on
20M
Sunday - but, he was going by numbers and was on 4's!!  I was counting to see
how many he would work so I could figure out when he'd be getting to 8's so
I'd
know when to jump back to his freq.  All of a sudden, he says "Any 8's on
frequency?"
I jerked my foot to hit the footswitch and kicked it under the desk!!!  Then,
nearly
freaking out, I stuck my leg way out and got it pressed with the toe of my
slipper
and called him.  My voice was kinda sqeaky from my laid-out position and maybe
that made my signal stand out - he came right back to me through the pileup.
GEEZ,
who says Ham Radio contesting is boring?!!!!!