[3830] SS SSB W3PP SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 19:08:27 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W3PP
Operator(s): W3PP
Station: W3PP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: DE

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Operated U class, but about 2 hours into the contest, high winds took out my
dial-up service and lost access to spots.  It came back Sunday afternoon just
in time for me to see spot saying that KP3S had just gone QRT to rest his toes.
 I went to his abandoned freq on 15, pointed the beam south, and on the fourth
CQ, he answered.  I had only needed PR since 0330 for a sweep, so was
pleasantly surprised when Jose came back.  I offered him the frequency, but he
declined saying that he needed to take a break.

I am finding that I operate less and less each year in the phone portion of SS.