[3830] SS SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Nov 17 21:46:27 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4SSU
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: K4SSU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This is certainly my best ever result in this contest. 80 was just spectacular
and 40 prior to and after the int'l broadcast was excellent as well.

I usually try to work 20 really hard, but it wasn't producing decent #'s so 40
and 80 became the focus. Participation was certainly up v. last year with many
07 and 08 checks! I had many many many many instances where the truly casual op
wanted to 'give me a point' but didn't understand the exchange and I was
delighted to explain the process to every single one of them. I'm sure that
cost some q's, but that also seems to have a way of creating it's own reward.

I do believe that I worked every ham in the state of Virginia and most of those
in MDC. There was an amazing and endless pipeline to that area of the country
all weekend with rock you out of your chair signals. Congrats on the FB effort
to get VA and MDC on the air this weekend.

As always many thanks to both Dave and Gayle for allowing me to once again
intrude on their weekend! 73 Brian NA4BW