[3830] SS SSB W1ZM Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Nov 22 16:54:52 EST 2008

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1ZM
Operator(s): W1ZM, K0EJ
Station: W1ZM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: WCF

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Recent visit to see Jerry/W1ZM again coincided with phone SS. At 94 Jerry's
hearing isn't quite what it used to be (altho he still has an excellent ear for
CW), I did the bulk of of the operating while ZM supervised. Quite a few people
said "Hi Jerry", "is that really W1ZM?", "nice to hear you on again". but
"check 29???" seemed the most common comment. I think Jerry appreciated all who
said "hello". We ran 20M single-band with a TS950SDX, SB220 combo to a homebrew
roof-mounted vertical. Had a good run on Saturday but slow on Sunday. Just a
very part-time effort between some chores, some golf, some food, and some beer.
Another great trip.

73,  Mark K0EJ