[3830] NCCC Sprint PJ4/K4BAI(@PJ4G) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Nov 28 07:28:07 EST 2008

                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 28

Call: PJ4/K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: PJ4G

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bonaire

  160:   0      0
   80:  13      5
   40:  17      7
Total:  30     12  Total Score = 360

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 5/100W, 2 el 40M yagi, 80M flat top.  Boy what a bunch of mixups and
failures, but still fun.  Think I might have won the high score if only I had
remembered to turn the power up to 100W on 40M.  I had just worked the two QRP
foxes in the QRP Fox Hunt and all 40M QSOs were with the output still at 5W!
Realized the mistake when I went to 80 and all 80M QSOs were with 100W.  Great
to work PJ2/W8WTS.  160M antenna repair resulted in resonance at 1900 kHz, so
didn't try 160 since my MP antenna tuner wouldn't tune it.  I tried N1MM logger
for the first time and it was a nightmare.  Didn't get the messages set up
correctly.  Then after the first 13 QSOs, it started sending the QSO number as
"1" every time though it was logging the QSO numbers correctly.  So, had to
send the messages manually after that.  Thanks for all the QSOs and hope
everyone had a great turkey day.  We had a nice traditional US turkey dinner
with W2GD who had been visiting for antenna repairs along with Peter, NO2R.  In
the contest this weekend, we will be M/S as PJ4A, with ops KU8E, W4OC, NO2R and
K4BAI.  Hope to work you all on 6 bands!  73, John, K4BAI.