[3830] CQWW CW W4ZW SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 19:54:48 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 11:28

   40:  350    35      110
   20:   71    20       42
   15:   29    15      123

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

:  Had family here all weekend so played in odd short bursts of time.  Decided
to enter 40M SB since the only block of time I had was at night.  40M was quite
good, just needed more stations.  Missed the Central Asian zones, never even
heard them.   First time I remember a few degrees of beam movement was the
difference between hearing some of those ESP stations on 40M and just noise.  I
guess I need a beverage.  40 was so long I had to work the some of the Caribbean
mults on backscatter.  Heard several FCGers on back scatter and ground wave.   I
love my 40M beam and all this ocean outside;  usually got even the whisper
stations on first call.  My goal was to work DXCC on 40M.  After achieving
that,  did a Sunday afternoon  S&P up and down 20M and 15M just to add some
mults for the club score.