[3830] CQWW CW G3LET SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 20:14:47 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G3LET
Operator(s): G3LET
Station: G3LET

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:

  160: 1214    19       74
Total: 1214    19       74  Total Score = 150,288

RIG
---
K3, with Acom Amp 400W
Antenna: 250 ft wire sloping down to NW from sky-hook at 150 ft.
Logger: Paper and pencil, with SD to produce the submitted log.

GENERAL COMMENTS
----------------
Most enjoyable, with good openings to the US and JA on both days.  This was my
first sortie in CQWW since 1963, so it was interesting to feel the
differences.

Had a spot of bother with some comedian who tried to jam the channel for a
couple of hours on the first evening and then when that didn't work, pirated my
call up and down the band until he finally admitted defeat and slipped away at
2220.  It takes all sorts . . .

Pragmatism not being my best trait, I stuck to the frequency when it would have
been better to check regularly for mults.  The zone total was very disappointing
- the other 4 I called failed to respond.

Many thanks to all for the QSOs.

73, Peter G3LET