[3830] CQWW CW VY1EI SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 21:34:37 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY1EI
Operator(s): VY1EI
Station: VY1EI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Yukon

   20:  560    27       41
   15:   97    10       12

Very quiet solar conditions, with no problems with the aurora. Propagation to
Europe was weird. I got 10 contacts on 20 meters with Europe at midnight local
time. Normally Europe can be heard in the mornings in my QTH in Yukon but not
this weekend.

There were some monster pileups to the really rare locations, like Guinea. The
guys at HC8N got a really good turnover rate going, with no waiting to get
through.

I have to work on my antennas on the lower bands. Not doing so well there, as
is obvious with my score.

See you all next year.

Eric
VY1EI