[3830] CQWW CW NN1N SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 22:04:01 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NN1N
Operator(s): NN1N
Station: NN1N

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: CT

   20: 1035    35      136
Total: 1035    35      136  Total Score = 500,868

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Interesting conditions. Enjoyed working the long paths, especially the one in
the last 20 minutes of the contest over the south pole. The band had gone stone
dead at 2300Z. Got the dinner call and was turning the yagis to their parking
positions at 2330Z and while I was waiting for one of them to finish rotating,
YE1ZAT popped out of the noise. Called him short path with no chance, and then
realized that the northern path had never opened, so turned the top yagi to 160
degrees and he was now S9 and in the log. Also worked 9M6/N2BB and 9M2CNC. B4B
couldn't hear anything, but was S5.

Saturday night's long path was fun too. I enjoyed sitting there calling guys
and seeing what could be worked. Got on at 0400Z and KG6DX heard me
immediately. Also logged T88CJ with a few calls, and of course VK6HD who knows
all the openings.  JA3YBK needs to figure out how to hear to match the
alligator transmitter.

Got on late, after 1430Z each morning. Took an hour and a half to tune the band
bottom to top. Love hearing CW up to 14.140. So, a lot of DXing, and enough
running for this weekend.

Congrats to W1MU!  Great score low power Mike.  I wouldn't have had the drive
to do that.

IC-7700 AL-1200 to 5/5