[3830] CQWW CW K7BG SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 30 23:51:15 EST 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 16:47

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

This contest was a gift from above. Condx the first night were quite good and I
was pleased to have EL2DX answer one of my few CQs during the first several
hours. I mostly S&P’d through the night until I started hearing JAs coming
through. I then called CQ and 92 made it into the log along with an HL and a BY
and some UA0/9s. Great condx! The second night seemed noisier and condx not so
great in comparison. Right after making it through the 5K0T mondo pileup, out
of the blue I began to experience RF getting into the keying line. I isolated
the problem, but still don’t have it fixed. That problem along with other
responsibilites made me decide to go to bed. My circadian rhythms don’t like
this all night stuff. I slept for 6 hours through the Asia opening. Not good
operating procedure for a 160 single band effort if I do say so myself. I heard
3 zones that never made it into the log and about a half dozen countries. I
heard lots of stations that couldn’t hear me and there are probably some who
could hear me and I couldn’t hear them. I don’t have any receiving
antennas, also not good operating procedure, but what the heck, it’s pretty
quiet out here in the middle of this wheat field. I never heard or worked
common mults such as G, PA, VK, ZL. Maybe I WILL put up some receiving
antennas, by the end of the next sunspot cycle!

Station: IC765, KWatt, 95 foot tower with ¼ wave sloper and loaded with
various yagis (6), (used for xmt and rcv)

Thanks for the good time,
Matt—K7BG

                160
N America:      127	 (44%)