[3830] CaQP K0HW SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 5 18:18:51 EDT 2008

                    California QSO Party

Call: K0HW
Operator(s): K0HW
Station: K0HW

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: South Dakota

  160:    1      1
   80:   34     45
   40:   71     58
   20:  116    333
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

WOW, What a contest, wonderful, wonderful.  I really had fun in this CA QSO
Party.  Maybe it is because it is my best ever.  Many thanks for W6OAT/M out
there that gave me 2 of my final 3 counties.  I had 55 early on but it took a
long time to find the final 3.

It is always fun to be in a state that is much needed as a multiplier.  I kept
hearing Paul - N4PN and I just could not match his numbers.  I looked at this
as a chance to better my 2004 record for the state of South Dakota and it seems
as I went well past it.

I had planned to stay on until the wee hours of the morning here but had to
give up about 0500Z due to thunder and a lit up sky here,  the QRN didn't seem
that bad.  I was only able to work N6O on 160 both modes when I finally got on
this morning.  They were worked on every band that was open here.  I only heard
a bit of scatter on 15 meters and could not get the call.

Thanks for those of you that make this QSO Party happen.

ICOM 756 PRO II, Ameritron AL-1200, Writelog, TH11DX, HyTower, 40 dipole, 80
dipole, 160 double bazooka and a 960' long wire dipole at 30'