[3830] CaQP K6YT(W0YK) SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 5 18:29:02 EDT 2008

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6YT
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SCLA

  160:    32    0
   15:    54    0
   10:     2    0
    6:     0    0
    2:     0    0
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the calls!  Despite punk propagation, it was fun.  80, 40 and 20
were pretty good here, though weak at times.  80 was surprising one hour before
sunset with the north east and Maritimes coming in.  10 and 15 were mostly
ground wave with locals although 15 netted a few neighboring states and KH6LC
on Saturday.  Then, on Sunday there was a weak opening for 90 minutes mid-day
which netted a couple dozen East Coast stations spread all over the region from
VE3 and MA down to VA and TN.  160 was also mostly local and not much activity,
but N4PN came booming in along with a few other stations around NA.  Only
connected with K6RIM for all six bands.  Made five bands with KH6LC and K6MM,
missing 10.  JH3PRR came in loud on 80, 40 and 20.  During the day, one radio
was on 20 and the other rotated between 40, 15 and 10.

Had trouble starting at the right time Saturday.  Was happy thinking the start
time was 18z and doing chores, etc.  Around 1715z I was reviewing the
QSO/minute graph on the CQP web site when I noticed the X-axis began at 16z.
OOPS!  Well, I rationalized that this gave N6TV an hour and an half head start
so maybe he could beat me again this time.  ;>)

Missed a few mults again: AK, ND and NT.  There wasn't quite enough activity on
CW to hold my interest but operating phone wasn't appealing.  It will improve in
a few years.  Thankfully, on Sunday lots of Europeans called in on 20 to keep me
from falling asleep ... almost.

73,
Ed - W0YK