[3830] CaQP W4PM SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 5 21:15:20 EDT 2008

                    California QSO Party

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: Virginia

--------------------
Total:  204     0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 33,048

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Ten Tec Omni VII, Ameritron ALS-600, 400-500 W
Antenna: 176' CF at 60'

What a difference this one is from the TXQP last weekend!  Whereas the game in
the TXQP is chasing mobiles, in this one it's finding fixed stations you
haven't already worked! I only worked 3 CA mobiles where in the TXQP probably
80 to 90% of my QSO's were with mobiles.  It was pretty much the same last
year. Cudo's to K6AQL and KS5A for very good mobile signals.  K6AQL's signal
was better than many fixed stations.  What is he running in that mobile? :-)

15 meters was a no show this year.  I had 70 Q's there last year and this year
a big goose egg!  I spent 3.5 hours less time this year and made 62 less QSO's.
 Had 15 opened I would have spent more time on the air. As it was, once I had
worked most of the signals I could hear on my wire it got very slow and my
interest waned.

Again I missed out on my goal of working all the counties.  This year I did get
one more than last year but missed COLU, LASS, SIER, and SISK. LASS and SISK are
repeat misses from last year.  Maybe next year I'll get them all. Maybe
propagation will improve.  Where are those sun spots?

Thanks to the CA stations for the Q's and to the organizers for their work in
putting on another fun event.

CU next yeat in the CQP.

73,
Puck, W4PM