[3830] CaQP W1UE(@K1TTT) SOFixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 6 14:50:31 EDT 2008

                    California QSO Party

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1TTT

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: MA

  160:    7      0
   80:   58     31
   15:   24      4
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another great effort by the NCCC to get the counties covered and the activity
high.  Despite bad conditions- N6O was the only station heard/worked on 15M on
Sat, and the deep QSB on 20M took a number of QSOs out of my log after I had
the call but not the report- it was another successful CQP.

W6OAT/m was supposed to be starting in Sierra county; if he did, I never heard
him nor could find him.  At 2019Z, the first 57 counties were in the log;
Sierra county, the last one, wasn't in the log until 0048Z, so what looked like
my fastest sweep ever took 8 hrs 48 minutes.  Not sure if that will hold up or
not.

Top QSO producers:
K6AQL/m                        10
W6YI                           10
N6O                             9
W6YX,K6NA,K6VO                  8
W6UE,K6AM,K6EZ,N6A,N6HC,W6XU    7

I was able to work 7 QSOs on 160M, and I heard N6TV, W6PH, and another 5 or 6
Ca stations that couldn't hear me.  N6O was also plainly audible on 160M SSB,
but couldn't hear me.  15M was a big disappointment; it was open much better
than the activity level on Sunday.  W6YI was 20 over; many others were S9.  If
more had migrated to 15M, it would have helped the score.  As it was, all day
Sunday only added 28K to my score!

Thanks to everyone for the Qs, and a special thanks to Dave K1TTT for the use
of his great station.

Dennis W1UE