[3830] NA Sprint RTTY W6YX(N6DE) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 12 02:21:29 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC

Comments:

I like the removal of the dupe rule.  Especially in these band conditions, it
otherwise would have been one big dupe-fest.  I worked 101 unique callsigns.
I'd rather work 160 contacts with 101 stations instead of 260 contacts with
perhaps 25 stations in a dupe-fest.  This contest will become more fun as
conditions improve and as other clubs field teams.  Aside from the noticeable
NCCC presence, I worked a lot of WA and MN stations.  Great job by the Corner
Pocket and MWA guys.

Several stations were using old versions of their contest software that didn't
implement the dupe rule change.

I heard KE5OG working Mexico in the last two minutes of the contest on 40m, but
it was the XE's turn to QSY, and I didn't connect with him before the contest
ended.

Thanks to whomever at W6YX left the SO2R audio switching set up from CQP.  SO2R
helped in the RTTY Sprint, but not as much as I thought it would.

73...
-Dean - N6DE