[3830] Oceania CW W4PM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 12 04:32:22 EDT 2008

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hanover County, VA

   80:   1      1
   40:  19     12
   20:   1      1
Total:  21     14  Total Score = 1,484

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Ten Tec Omni VII, Ameritron ALS-600 400-500W
Antenna: 176' center fed @ 60'

This was a tough one. I only heard one station on 20M, VK7GN. On 80 I heard
about 5 or 6 but could only manage to break one pile up. I never heard anything
on 15 or 10 and didn't even listen on 160 after my poor performance on 80.  I
didn't get started until 11:30Z so I missed some of the hours that I would have
had propagation.  That's what you get for sleeping late!  Even on 40 when the
signals from ZL just started to peek above the noise I spent lots of time
listening before calling to make sure I got the number right. Hopefully I
received them all correctly.  Too bad I only found one Hawaiian station, KH7XS.
 I have much better propagation to there than to ZL and VK!

Thanks for the Q's.  I see you next year and let's hope for much better
conditions then than this year.

73,
Puck, W4PM