[3830] PaQP WB2ABD Mobile LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 14 07:14:07 EDT 2008

                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: WB2ABD
Operator(s): WB2ABD
Station: WB2ABD

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:

   40:   63      2
   20:   21      9
-------------------------------------
Total:  256     11      0        0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 38,208.0

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Planned on operating Saturday only ( well, maybe I could get away Sunday) but
that turned out to be quite prophetic...

This was a just-for-fun effort, as there was no driver, stop to operate, no
computer ( paper 'n pencil!! Yow! ), an old TS50 and a bunch of hamstix for
antennas. It was a gorgeous day though ... bucolic, pastoral scenery with the
full blush of fall colors in the Allegheny foothills.

Counties ran: WAR FOR MCK POT CRN ELK CLE JEF CLA VEN MER CRA

20 wasn't so hot, 40 OK until the RTTY showed up and 80 was the best band as
time went on. tuner wouldnt do 75 ssb for some reason. Ran into a nice detour
on Rte 6 which threw things off, as eventually I ran out of time in Crawford,
losing the bonus there.

So, driving back home on I-79, I met up with a nice 6 point buck at 60 mph:
caved in the a/c condensor, radiator, tranny cooler and bumper, besides
obliterating the plastic grill. Amazingly, there were no leaks, so I was able
to nurse it home. F150 - Ford Tough. Spent Sunday cleaning my stuff out for a
trip to the collision shop ... I wasn't planning to go out Sunday, remember?

Thanks to all who followed along
Paul WB2ABD