[3830] TBDC VE9AA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 19 09:28:43 EDT 2008

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN66
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 114  Total Score = 1

I think nearly everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. (MUR--PHYY!!!)
Computer locked up, The logging program wouldn't take my proper gridsquare to
calculate points correctly (score indicated is a place holder), keying
interface broke, SWR went up, main tuning dial problems on rig, paddles came
unhinged and I wired up a second set instead, remote coax switch issues, New
beverage broken, . . ..and a few other things.

    Still, I had a real blast !  Worked over 100 stns and just about every
single station I could hear.

Biggest DX signals: UU4JMG, G4AMT
Biggest surprise/thrill: Being called by KH6LC ! wow, thanks..
Biggest west coast signal: VE7VV (near his sunset)
Biggest DX qso I heard: K7RAT work a G just after my QSO with him...wtg Tree
Biggest dissapointment: Not many EU and almost no W6/W7 (but I did go to bed
early...just after sunset on KH6).
The one Carib I did work never gave a grid, so I scratched him from the log.
No SA or AS stns heard.

My first Stew (even though it was only a warmup).

Hope to be back for the full deal in December.

Mike VE9AA FN66