[3830] TBDC KL7RA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 19 18:29:07 EDT 2008

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alaska

Total:  QSOs = 175  Total Score = 1,634

Left a few hours on the plate due to earholes blown out with loud QRN crashes
from the Pacific storms which was the general direction of the prop for Q's.
Getting the call is a challenge but trying for the grid is really hard
especially when they don't send one. Left the contacts that didn't send a grid
in the log for the LoTW upload and will remove them for the log submission.
Thanks to those that came back to the freq with their Grid. Had a poor East
coast run this year which I was hoping would produce some rate and log big
distance points. For the twelve hours I was in the chair there was always
activity in the contest and stations to call even if you did have to work at
it. I managed Q's from Europe at both my sunset and pre-sunrise which is always
fun. And for the other Europe stations that just copied "KL" or "7RA", yeah,
that was me, but thanks for trying so hard. Thanks to the BARC for their FB
topband contest. 73, Rich KL7RA  Kenai Alaska