[3830] JARTS KL8DX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 20 02:11:46 EDT 2008

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:   13   27     1
   20:  372  864    23
   15:   31   67     8
   10:
------------------------
Total:  416  958    36  Total Score = 82,388

Bands were pretty good except for Sunday afternoon when shortly
after 1800z they fell off for an hour or two (love when the
magnetic field tilts south and lets all that solar wind in).

Lots of great activity and plenty to keep one busy. The highlight
for me was a brief opening into Europe and Africa on 15 meters. I
was able to work Z37M, IZ7FLP, ZS2EZ and EA8OM. BIG highlight was
working Barry, ZS2EZ, on both 15 and 20 meters in this contest! My
opening on 15 was from 1524z to 1530z, Sunday. Lucky for me that
was not the last time I would work 15 meter RTTY. Worked into the
lower 48 from 1900z thru 2130z.  Awesome to hear activity on that
band this far north. I checked 10 meters but nothing heard there.

Interesting exchange using age.  Oldest I worked was 84 and the
youngest I worked was 15.

Thanks to those who worked me and hung in there with the QSB. I
hope to be able to operate longer next year but sure had a blast
for what time I was able to operate this year.

See ya in the next one!

Phil KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK