[3830] IlQP K9IUA/R Rover QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 20 08:09:40 EDT 2008

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: K9IUA/R
Operator(s): K9IUA
Station: K9IUA

Class: Rover QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:     21
   20:     34
------------------------
Total:     55       0  Mults = 32  Total Score = 3,520

WBGO, OGLE, CARR, STEP, and JODA.  QRP 5 watts to hamsticks.  Plagued by antenna
tuner/match problems throughout, but mostly by the low sunspots conditions with
respect to QRP and mobile operation.  I did better than last year, however.
Thanks to the maritime Canadians who worked me, plus all the other U.S. hams.
Half the states and two provinces answered my CQs.  I got interrupted at my
last stop by a sheriff's deputy - a bit strange, as he said, to see someone
parked in a school parking lot in the back seat of a car with headphones on.
The last time I was questioned by a sheriff's deputy was an IL QSO Party
shortly after 9/11/2001, so obviously security concerns haven't gone away.