[3830] IlQP KB9OWD Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 20 08:52:07 EDT 2008

                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: Fixed LP
QTH: WI

  160:
   80:      0        3
   40:     18        8
------------------------
Total:     18       11  Mults = 24  Total Score = 1,128

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Started work at 1830 UTC so only had an hour to play around in this one.
Bounced around the band and hand out a qso to anyone I heard calling CQ.  Nice
to work a station on a 4 county line and one other on a 3 county line.  Picked
off NY4N and NN9K in several counties in the one hour I had.  In reading the
posts it sounds like the fixed stations showed up and gave the mobiles some
deep pileups which I also noticed early on here so sounded like good
participation!

Discovered an audio problem on 40 SSB when I got a report of poor audio and a
15 khz wide signal.  Got 2 seperate reports on this! One caller advised he felt
since it was so wide it may likely be a problem with my amp.  Noting I don't own
one and was running about 80 watts that wasn't a good sign.  No time to work on
it yesterday and off to the work bench that will go!

See you all this weekend in CQWW SSB from W0AIH and from back home in the
sweeps.

73

Ryan KB9OWD