[3830] CQWW SSB KH7B(K4XS) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 15:40:52 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH7B
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: KH6

   40: 2410    37      106

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Wow, that was fun!  I finished putting up the top 4 el 40 at 152 feet the day
before tne contest and had no idea how the 4/4 stack was going to play.  I
guess it works just like the HFTA said it would.

I had planned an attack on the Oceania record by which was 1.09M.  I beat the
QSO total and matched the zones, but couldn't equal the countries, so I missed
the record by about 75K. Maybe next year.

Amazing how many guys called me out of the American mainland phone band on 7075
to 7100...and I don't mean the guys using the wrong VFO.  These were guys who
thought 7080 was part of the American phone band.  A few others argued with me,
telling me I was out of the phone band and why was I messing around in the
digital band on SSB.

Anyway, thanks to all for making this a fun contest.  I'll see you in November
in WWCW.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS