[3830] CQWW SSB KR1ST SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 20:40:08 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    4     2        3
   80:    5     4        4
   40:   18     5       14
   20:   84    16       49
   15:   45    12       25
   10:    2     2        2

Club: The Three Musketeers

Comments:

Rig: IC-756ProIII
Pwr: 100W
Ant: 20-15-10m: MQ-26 2 element hybrid quad @ 30ft
     40m: vertical 40m doublet & 80m inverted V @ 55ft
     80m: inverted V apex @ 55ft
     160m: W4TWW inverted L
     also vertical fan dipole 20-6m as noise antenna

No earth shattering score here. I worked a few hours here and there when I felt
like playing radio. This year I decided not to go QRP. Having the sunspot blues
is not conductive to my QRP activities. Heck, I'm even contemplating getting an
amp. :)

The conditions weren't great at all and on top of that I get lots of power line
noise. The MFJ-1026 noise canceler with my noise pickup antennas really is a
life saver for me. I cannot work the Caribbean without it. In one instance I
was about to complete a QSO with C6APR on 160m when some weird noise decided to
park right on top of them so that they were wiped out. On with the 1026, twiddle
with the knobs, noise gone, C6APR back to compete the QSO. Phew!

Thanks to all for pulling my lil' signal out of the noise. Hope to see you next
time!

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com