[3830] CQWW SSB N6CCH(@W6YX) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 21:19:32 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6CCH
Operator(s): N6CCH
Station: W6YX

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: STANFORD ARC

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  205    22       37
   20:    0     0        0
   15:    0     0        0
   10:    0     0        0

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Mostly search-and-pounce, with a few runs CQing.
This was a part-time effort at best, too many "honey-do's" to make this a
contest-only weekend.
I tried SOSB 40m for the first time and feel that when IARU Region 1 spectrum
changes go into effect on 2009, this will be a lot different.  There were
plenty of stations that I could copy well on frequencies that I could not
transmit on and they could not transmit on those that I can, working split
reeled in a few, but it seems that there were not many the would give a listen
outside of their allocation.  Couple this with the abundance of AM broadcast
station filling the band and there was not much room for SSB.  This was
somewhat frustrating to say the least.  SWL on 40 seems like it would have been
more productive from a scoring perspective.  Next year should be a lot
different...

All in all I still had a good time giving this class a try.

73 and thanks for the Qs de N6CCH aka Rebar