[3830] CQWW SSB KL8DX SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 26 23:01:58 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:    1     1        1
   20:  176    26       51
   15:   74    13       21

Operated 99.9% S&P looking for new band countries. Several of my
Alaskan neighbors were active, so Zone 1 should be in many logs.
Excited to see my close friend and neighbor, KL1SF, back in the
chair. Casual weekend for me trying out my new Heil Pro-Set Plus.

Totally enjoyed the 15 meter activity and worked several new ones.
So many new ones worked, too many to list.

Funniest part was being asked by one station: "Which DX are you"?
as I often get confused with KL7DX.

Ended the contest with a nice chat with K7DSL about life in Alaska.
SSB contests are not my thing and 20 was so darn busy. Now I know
why I enjoy the CW and RTTY contests much more (must be a 250hz thing).

Thanks for the contacts and hopefully catch many of you in the CW
version.

Phil KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK