[3830] CQWW SSB W5RU(@KN5O) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 27 11:27:12 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O W5RY K1DW
Station: KN5O

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Louisiana

   80:   99    16       50
   40:  269    29       97
   20:  408    31      109
   15:  323    28       88
   10:   57     5        7

Club: Delta DX Association

Comments:

We had a great time!!!  All S&P - Some of the pileups were incredible.  Trying
to bust them took lots of patience for us.  And considering we had to climb
over either the East Coast, West Coast or North Central USA for most of our
Q's, we think we did pretty good for our first time out. Used the Delta DX Assn
call at KN5O's QTH.  Would liked to have seen 10M band open more than just to
the South, but we would take what we could get.  When the band finally did
open, the SA's were pounding in.  We missed the 160M band opportunities because
we could not get vertical up in time and the 160M/80M beverage array was not
completed due to late Hurricane Gustav cleanup work on the property.  Anyway we
look forward to seeing all of you in the upcoming contests for the rest of the
year using either the call W5RU or KN5O.  Thanks to all for the Q's.

Ted(KN5O), Greg(W5RY) and Dallas(K1DW).
Members of the Delta DX Association