[3830] CQWW SSB S57AL(@S52AW) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 28 06:24:53 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: S57AL
Operator(s): S57AL
Station: S52AW

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Kostanjevica na Krki

   40: 3160    37      137
Total: 3096    37      137  Total Score = 970,224

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

TX/RX: FT-1000MKV Field
ANTENAS: 4.el.quad @ 40m
         3.el.yagi @ 30m
PA: AL-1500

First of all, TNX to Drago S52AW who give me an oportunity to do my best on 40m
from his location. And big TNX to his wife for preparing excellent meals.

At Friday in the morning the antenna system was still on the ground. We need to
build a new one becouse a strong wind damaged 5.el.quad. Our choice was to build
a new 4.el.quad. We did a new one until 5:00 pm, with no time for drink and
meal. Drago gives me a very good tip, to not put antenna on the top @ 60m
(problems with receiving EU stations). We decided to put her on 40m. Now we
know that decision was good because in log is 1850 qso-s with EU. After
rebuilding quad antenna we start to find whats up with yagi (swr 1:unlimited).
Soon we find damage on gamma match. Because of strong wind the connection line
was broken. We do our best to repair the problem.

After all we find some time for meal and drink @ 7:00pm. From 9pm to 1am I try
to rest. You know how it is in our heads before effort in contests.

It was great start. After 2 hour in log was 350 qso-s and at 7:00am 1000 Q.
First day I finished with 2050 qso-s in log.
Special thing in this contest was multipliers. Almost all on CQ freq. In log is
950 qso-s with NA , 70 with OC , 250 with AS.

I apologize to all radio amateurs who called me and did not get my replay. I
try to get all of you from crowded band, but this is mission impossible.

Drago thanks again for beautiful three days for staying at your house.

73,s & CU in CW part , IVO S57AL