[3830] CQWW SSB N6TJ(@W6RJ) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Oct 28 22:02:56 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6TJ
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: W6RJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

  160:   54    14       26
   80:  348    31       81
   40:  197    20       70
   20:  619    33      100
   15:  462    26       79
   10:   19     5        6

An absolute delight to visit with my old friend W6RJ and to visit his most
spectacular 1300 acre, 3300 ft high, mountain top in the SF Bay Area.  What an
impressive station, but of equal importance as operating the contest, for me,
was just to spend 5 days with Bob, to remember our 45 years of friendship and
to marvel at his remarkable recovery from the most debilitating of illnesses.

And, to say the least, it was "interesting" to put my N6TJ call on in a major
contest.  Probably the first time in 25 years.

Antennas, as I best recall:     160   four-square

                                 80   3-el @ 175 ft

                                 40   4-el

                                 20   6 over 6

                                 15/10   stacked C-49XR tri-banders

In retrospect, I could have done some critical things smarter and better - but
zero regrets.

Thanks Bob, for your hospitality, and to George K6SV and Pete W6OOL for your
kind efforts to get the station ready.

73,

Jim Neiger   N6TJ