[3830] CQWW SSB K1BX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 29 13:05:22 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1BX
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH

  160:   41    10       23
   80:  198    15       71
   40:  158    20       70
   20:  654    27       99
   15:  248    23       77
   10:   66     6       14

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Lost power (high wind gusts) at 11pm local Sat night, so lost second night 160,
80, 40 multipliers. I was too wired to sleep. I sat in the living room in the
pitch dark for 3 hours staring out the window...waiting. I had planned to sleep
from 2am to 6 am. I did that, and power returned while I slept. But too late for
EU on the low bands.

The new IC765PROIII died 30 mins before the test. I was still trying to revive
it at 0000. I had to put it in another room so I wouldn't have to stare at it
all weekend. I hooked up a replacement radio, but did not have time to get it
configured for true SO2R. Used the IC775 99% of the time.

Low band condx were great. Many stations called on 20 under the QRM, they may
still be calling. Kept wishing it was a CW test. Could not run on 15m.

I guess the log checking will be pivotal this year.

73, art