[3830] CQWW SSB LY2IJ SOSB/160 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Oct 29 18:13:41 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LY2IJ
Operator(s): LY2IJ
Station: LY2IJ

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:

  160: 1220    17       58
Total: 1220    17       58  Total Score = 147,390

Club: Lithuanian Contest Group

Comments:

During one week preparation before contest I made three 250 m simle and one
reversible Beverages, all about 250 m long,  and 4 new ones on 160, added one
more - #250 - VP2V - in contest - who said SSB is not for DXing on 160?!
Band was wide open to North and Central Americas on first night -last two US
stations called 45 minutes after Sunrise here - i can't remember if
that ever happened here so late before.
My reversable antenna didn't hear well, so decided to make simple one to NA on
Saturday
- it took 1 and 1/2 hours together with fixing tractor broken other Beverage
of
evening operation time, but fully paid off next night - conditions were not
so good as night before, Americas opened at 2200 and closed at 0320 with HC8A,
then reopened just after Sunrise at 0510, but it was too late to break western
wall then.
Eastern path didn't open further than UA0A and UA0SA both evenings.
Made my first 160 SSB contacts with zones 3, 7, 10.
Great number of German stations again! I just wondering how much of DLs ON4UN
made?

Negative side was to find that computer noise goes into K3 via RS232 cable
just
before contest end (disconecting it fixes problem)- I was suffering from this
since the start.

Many thanks for QSOs, 73!

Arunas

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total

    9A      14                                         14
    DL     246                                        246
    EA      26                                         26
     F      23                                         23
     G      58                                         58
    GM      11                                         11
     I      51                                         51
     K      44                                         44
    LA      13                                         13
    LY      15                                         15
    OE      19                                         19
    OH      38                                         38
    OK      52                                         52
    OM      16                                         16
    ON      17                                         17
    OZ      25                                         25
    PA      31                                         31
    S5      19                                         19
    SM      20                                         20
    SP      60                                         60
    SV      11                                         11
    UA     116                                        116
   UA9      29                                         29
    UR      69                                         69
    YL      13                                         13
    YO      23                                         23
    YU      11                                         11