[3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 30 12:40:02 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H, W1UJ, NB1U, K1EBY, KM1X, KE1LI, KB1NRB
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: USA

  160:   49    12       34
   80:  323    21       92
   40:  323    24       99
   20:  868    36      131
   15:  599    29      113
   10:   92     7       18

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Realizing we did not have enough operators for
                    a M/M effort we decide dto enter the M/2 class.
                    Little did we know we would not have enough for a M/2
                    entry! I (KB1H) had a knee replacement about two
                    weeks prior and thought I would be able to hang
                    in the chair for allot of the contest. I was
                    wrong! I could only do short stints before the
                    swelling of the knee began and I had to elevate
                    and ice the knee.

                    NB1U was the only trooper though K1EBY tried his
                    best, K1EBY absolutely hates SSB and avoids the
                    chair as much as possible. These two operators
                    were the only 48 hour attendees. W1UJ hung in
                    until about noon saturday and KM1X did 12 hours
                    overnight Saturday.

                    Conditions were not bad and when we did run some
                    choice multipliers called in like VU2 Zone 26.

                    At one point Sunday morning we had a good 2-3
                    hour run going on 20M but then the rate dropped
                    off. Luckily the VU2 answered our CQ and then
                    worked a fellow YCCCer and told them they were on
                    same frequecny as KB1H. The YCCC station kindly
                    moved and the rate went back up. Thanks to whomever
                    that was.

                    In conjunction with the contest we held the first
                    of four "Open Station" Saturdays which was a fairly
                    successful experiment. We will report on this in
                    a seperate posting to the YCCC reflector.

                    Thanks to all the QSOs and this was a good shakedown
                    for the CW weekend.