[3830] CQWW SSB K8AZ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 31 22:28:44 EDT 2008

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): AC8E,K8AZ,K8BL,K8PP,KQ8M,N8TR,ND8L,W8CAR,WB8K,WT8C,WZ8P
Station: K8AZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OH

  160:   52    16       50
   80:  272    26       99
   40:  330    28      113
   20: 1185    37      143
   15:  353    30      107
   10:   43     7       14

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Congratulations to K9RS for a great score, and special tip of the hats of the
'AZ Crew to the gang at N0NI, who really smoked us from deep in the midwest.

Excellent low band conditions, plus better-than-ARRL prop on 10 and 15.  What a
relief to be able to get DXCC on 15m again!

This one was a little strange from 'AZ.  Two of the regular stalwart "run" ops
had to cancel on short notice due to personal/family priorities, so we had to
scramble a bit to keep the chairs occupied.  But as K6NA once said, "95% of
contesting is just showing up and not quitting.....even though you know you're
gonna be slaughtered."

'Twas a fun and satisfying weekend and we're really looking forward to CQWW
CW.

73,
Tom, K8AZ