[3830] OhQP N9FN M/M LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 4 23:58:12 EDT 2008

                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: N9FN
Operator(s): N9FN, K9FN
Station: N9FN

Class: M/M LP
QTH: Mercer Co, OH

   20:   17      9
   15:           1
   10:
--------------------
Total:  333    351  CW Mults = 86  Ph Mults = 97  Total Score = 186,111

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We had a GREAT time operating portable from Eastview Park in Celina, OH.  Since
there is no multi-single category allowed, we decided to try the multi-multi
portable route this year. Our CW station was an Icom IC-7000 with an LDG
AT-7000 automatic antenna tuner and a MicroHam CW-Keyer.   The SSB station was
an Icom 756Pro with it's internal antenna tuner.   We had separate dipoles for
80, 40, and 20 with ICE single band bandpass filters which completely
eliminated interference between stations.   A homemade slingshot with Zebco
fishing reel attached got the antennas in the air quickly.   Logging was done
with Writelog and Microham interfaces.

The park was a great setting to operate from, not to mention one of the closest
locations in Ohio from my home QTH.  It was a great weekend getaway in addition
to a great contest!