[3830] NA Sprint CW KA3DRR LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 00:42:06 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

   80:  10      1.0
   40:  28     1.50
   20:   4     1.50
---------------------
Total:  42     Mults = 24  Total Score = 1,008

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #3

Comments:

A personal best when 20M was pretty grim in the first hour and half. That was
not band conditions rather I learned the meaning of using VFO A and VFO B
during Sprint. My lesson arrived on 40M when the proverbial light bulb went
off, "Why aren't you operating with both VFOs on the same band?"

Needless to say, my rate picked up, and I called CQ more while spinning the
dial less. I was concerned, if my 20M rate continued, I would fall short of my
desired goal. However 40M provided those needed long haul multipliers from the
east especially Delaware. That was a big surprise for me. Maine still eludes my
Worked All States award endeavor.

I especially enjoyed operating N1MM Logger for the first time. A weekend worth
of practicing really paid and alternating between VFO dialog boxes was totally
cool. Admittedly, I goofed a few exchanges, the typical rookie stuff. I just
need to remember to turn off the keyer button on my Yaesu FT100 before keying
N1MM Logger.

Currently, my raw score is a personal best and I broke the 1000 point barrier
on my third Sprint however log checking is on the horizon. I practiced copying
call signs at Learn CW On-Line during the week and that helped.

Overall, I had a lot of ham radio fun and thank you 40M for pulling up my Qs
and multipliers this evening. All the best to everyone especially the NCCC team
members who nudged my score over 1000 points on 80M.

Sprint was ultra boss.

73
Scot, KA3DRR