[3830] NA Sprint CW K7BG LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 13:30:06 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 2:58

---------------------

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Team:

Comments:

Ouch! I hate getting in late to one of these things. I had hoped to be home in
time to get settled and psyched to get in the game, but the day started at
5:30AM as we headed off to my daughter's volleyball tournament. As luck and her
good skill would have it, her team made it to the championship so we were there
for a total of 12 hours! I drove home approaching Usain Bolt speeds and thought
I had already missed 2 hours. Daylight savings time always throws me off, but I
found I had only lost 1 hour. Twenty had some signals still on it, but not too
many. I had trouble getting used to which radio I was on with the more
"automated" station setup I have been not-so-successfully toying with. N1LI
called me to end a couplet and I couldn't figure out how to get the correct
radio to respond to him. By the time I figured it out, he was gone. My brain
was more fried than usual. I felt like I was working the last 3 hours of a 48
hour DX contest.
If practice makes perfect, I'll settle for that, cuz I ain't had enough
practice!! And remember, I ran low power only because Al Gore asked me to.