[3830] NA Sprint CW W5JAW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 14:41:38 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1:50

   80:    8    0:10
   40:   80    0:55
   20:   34    0:45
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Ditters

Comments:

I didn't plan to put in full time, and the condx on 20m made that decision even
easier.  My low wire just doesn't do well when the skip is super long.  I was
not being heard, and could not hear the majority of the stations being worked
by others.  In 45 minutes I won maybe 4-5 jump balls :<(

40m was great for the time I spent on.  With the same antenna, my rate meter
showed between 75 to 100 per hour, and had not dropped off when I QRT'd.  Got
back on for a few minutes at the very end on 80m to pass out points to the
locals.

When, and if, the sunspots return I may put in a more serious effort.  The big
scores made by the top guns sure are impressive!

Jim, w5jaw