[3830] NA Sprint CW K6NA HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 15:18:41 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6NA
Operator(s): K6NA
Station: K6NA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ca

---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

One VFO, one amp.  20m was somewhere in the Twilight Zone for me.  Except for a
few loud W1 and W9RE, most folks were weak, including W5s.  Thought my 20m
stacking switch was bad.  Took me a while to tumble to the fact that the Fives
"were not pointing east."  They never did get loud in the West.  Held my own on
40 and 80, but should have gone to 40 much earlier to avoid the 20m death-trap.
As usual, found some station/antenna-maintenance issues that need attention; the
Sprint is well positioned in late summer to help us write up our chores list for
the season!