[3830] NA Sprint CW K1KI HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 7 22:14:21 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ct

---------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC #1

Comments:

Good start, not so good towards the end...   Tough going with S-9+ rain static
the entire contest - listening on Beverages helped but missed a bunch of
callers.  Power went off and on 5 times in the 30 minutes before the contest
but only twice during the contest.   Each time meant a 4-5 minute wait until
everything was back online.  Heavy rain started 30 minutes before the contest,
ended an hour or so after the contest ended - local airport says 4.87".

Never did track down a MD QSO, missed the usual suspects.  Had to chase KL7RA
on 20m, missed him the first three times, then he called in on 40m.  Started
with 40m beam pointed west, never turned it, but at the end of the contest the
control box said it was due south.  Haven't looked to see where it is really
pointing yet.

This last week I spent time repairing a 4-square problem (switch box and wires
tangled in trees) but think I didn't get it all back together right.  Hourly -
100 - 75 - 82 - 69.  Had 14 band changes this time.   Nice to hear some new
callsigns!

             73 -- Tom