[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 8 21:59:26 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 2:25

---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: Mad River - North Coast

Comments:

I went into this one tired and not up for a huge effort, especially since I
needed to be up at 5:30am to head off to the Findlay OH Hamfest.  But I got off
to what was probably the best sprint start ever.  I had 52 qsos in the first 31
minutes and 88 in the first hour, but after working much of the easy stuff, the
rate dived, in part due to being single radio where I couldn't both CQ on a slow
band while S&Ping on the second band.

40 was good early, but as activity picked up the rate dropped. I went to 80 and
worked some easy stuff, and when I went back to 40 noticed that the amp wasn't
keying. Some quick exploring but did not find the problem, so after a few more
barefoot 80 meter qsos I called it a night.

But still had lots of good multipliers early on. #43 was Ohio, with which I had
only one qso. Heard but missed AL and LA, never heard K4FXN in KY.

73  -  Jim   K8MR