[3830] TnQP N8II SO Fixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 10 11:31:01 EDT 2008

                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:    8      1              8
   80:   47     21             44
   40:   88     50             77
   20:    4      1              5
-----------------------------------
Total:  147     73      0     134  Total Score = 79,058

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Includes 400 bonus points for K4TCG QSO's, not that easy to find.

The mobiles were numerous enough and moving around fast enough that I couldn't
leave the radio for long without missing them. Home station activity was less
than it could have been from the home of the TCG; having the NA Sprint Saturday
didn't help. I forgot to tally up the Q's, but W4NZ led the pack (and best
operation too), followed by NY4N, W9WI, and K4LTA (great op, weak signal at
times). Many thanks to all the mobiles for all the Q's/mults and keeping the
interest up the whole time. Condx were a treat compared to expectations.
40 was great with eastern TN went into the skip zone from 22-24Z, but
re-emerging from 24-02Z; activity was low after 01Z. The summer static was not
be be found on 80 and 160, but activity never came close to 40 at the start. Eu
outmumbered TN at sunset on 160. I was surprised to work 77 counties on 40, the
only one not worked there was Obion caught on 20 by NY4N/M. WA3HAE was a
gunnin' for it in many pile-ups along with me, waiting for his score.