[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 10 19:40:53 EDT 2008

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI

   80:   68       3
   40:  113      26
   20:   73      16
---------------------

Team: SMC #2

Comments:

I drove up to the cabin for this one and was going to try the sprint for the
first time SO2R, but a forgotten cable put the kibosh on that. Activity seemed
very good  and the bands about as good a can be expected. I left a few QSOs on
the table when I had to QRT for lightning with about 7 minutes to go. Heard but
not worked: AL, RI, LA (heard W5WMU several times but prop wasn't good). I
apologize for the poor CW at times, particularly on 80. I was using a rig,
computer and logging program never used in sprint before and I had some RF
problems. I took a couple of minutes off and put ferrite on all the cables to
the computer which helped some, but not totally.

Thanks for all the Qs, I love this contest.

73

Jim