[3830] WAE SSB GW4BLE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 15 07:49:05 EDT 2008

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: GW4BLE
Operator(s): GW4BLE
Station: GW4BLE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Newport

   80:  111   107    34
   40:  442    95    46
   20:  968   700    68
   15:   26    10    14
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total: 1547   912   162  Total Score = 1,076,604

After winning WAE outright as GW7X in 2005, the last couple of years have been
low-key events under my own call (only just sufficient for a Top Ten listing),;
also I am not collecting WRTC points so it made it  easier - and also
interesting - to listen to some of the other stations competing for points this
year.

Good to see *most* stations, but not all, keeping to the DARC band
recommendations and not making runs outside these sections  - on 20 metres
that's 14125-14300 guys!

Worked all US call areas on 80 (bar W7), including a west-coast 6 which wasn't
bad for my antenna (!); missed W6, W7 & W0 on 15 metres, but got VE1-VE2-VE3
which wasn't bad considering the conditions.

SO2R
FT2000 + Alpha 78
FT1000MP + Drake L7
microHam MK2R+