[3830] WAE SSB ZC4LI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 15 08:25:01 EDT 2008

                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): STEVE
Station: ZC4LI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ESBA  CYPRUS

   80:  090   089   092
   40:  250   133   126
   20:  705   695   092
   15:  015   014   018
   10:  001   000   001
-------------------------
Total: 1062   933   330  Total Score = 653,070

Club: ESBA

Comments:

SO1R

Antennas:-  C/Craft A3S + 40M addon  @ 50Ft   Titanex 160HD
Rig:-       Icom-756 Pro3
Amp:-       Acom-1000
Software:-  CTWIN 10.03

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's
I only managed to put in a few hours {15 ish} in four
or five sessions as my ears were beginning to fry after
a couple of hours or so, I don't know how some guys manage
to sit there for hours on end !!
Not being an avid SSB contester I also learned a couple of
things.
One was to read the rules properly, as I strayed above 14300
and got told off.
The other was to stay away from 14190. I thought that I had
found a nice clear freq to CQ upon and having asked if the freq
was clear {4 times} I proceeded to CQ only to be told to ''Go Away''
which I did. Pity that the ''Go Awayer'' did not answer my clear
freq call !!
Condx were pretty poor all round. With the first thunderstorm
of the season here on Saturday afternoon the noise level was a little
too high for my delicate ears so I packed it in. Resuming again on
Sunday the condx were slightly better but the propagation was not so
20M was the only place to be and the 175Khz of B/width available
was not quite enough to fit everyone in. {Pity about 14190}

73 and hope to see some Scandies in the SAC CW this weekend and
everyone else in the CQWW RTTY on the 27th.

Log is on LoTW, please see QRZ.com for paper Qsl's

Steve.