[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3TUF Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 15 10:42:35 EDT 2008

                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K3TUF
Operator(s): K3TUF
Station: K3TUF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN10we

  1.2:   46    21
  2.3:   34    15
  3.4:   19     9
  5.7:    5     5
  10G:    4     4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  639   226  Total Score = 263,516

This was a fun contest.  The new 180 foot tower for microwave is in full
operation on 903-3456 and the results were excellent.  I will continue with 5,
10 and 24 on the new tower hopefully by January.
I didn't notice any particular enhancement so we didn't enjoy the great
conditions like last year on Sunday morning.  Nevertheless the new tower
enabled brute force enhancement.
Thanks to the many rovers who always make this a fun time operating new grids.
Wish there was a way to compensate you for the price of gas, but believe me,
putting these tall towers up is not cheap either.
This year I had my wife (KA3TUF) join me on Sunday and operate with the family
contest priviledge, but I'm afraid she's having too much fun.  I had to kick
her out so I could keep my momentum going :-)  Happily she stayed to observe.

Activity could have been better, but I was pleased with always being able to
dig out another contact.  Good Luck to all, see you in January.
73,
Phil K3TUF